However, instinct suggested it was now time to relaunch so many of the Marketing areas of our Family Business Practice:
- A new website
- Revised branding
- Revitalised Video channels
- A complete social media overhaul
- And a lot more besides
Frankly, it was necessary!
One area instinctively stood out to me and that was how to refresh our approach to video content. YouTube is a mine of information and I sought out help on captioning which led me to an organisation called REV.com. They have a great service for producing captions for your videos – a very worthwhile and cost-effective offering!
One of their follow up emails gave the following statistics on videos:
- 64% of people have said watching a video on Facebook influenced their buying decision.
- 85% are played without sound and are simply watched whilst reading the captions.
- Tweets with video attract ten times more interaction.
- 74% of the value of a video is delivered in the first ten seconds.
If you are not using video to promote your business, then you really need to think about it. If you are using video - get serious with it!
We have several members in the Family Business Practice who are experienced in this field and would be happy to share some of their knowledge.
Why not come to one of our events and have a chat with them?
Until the next time,